Sunday, May 22, 2011

Half Price Books is Worth the Trip


Have you been to Half Price Books? I discovered it a few years ago when I sold some old books. I didn't get much but it was more than I would get at a garage sale or by donating them. 

The concept is simple: Almost every book, CD, DVD,magazine, etc. is half the publisher's price or less. Note the "almost" in my last sentence. I didn't go around the store to see if everything was half off so I am not sure how many items fall into this category. But it doesn't matter--you'll save more money by shopping here than at a bookstore or even amazon.com.

My first stop is the clearance rack. I found several books for only $1! The other books were between $2 and $3 and they all look brand new! Some could be new, who knows.

They offer teachers and librarians a 10% Discount Card good at all Half Price Books locations. And through the Half Pint Library program, thousands of books are collected and donated to nonprofit organizations each year.


My only complaint is their logo; don't you think it's time to change 'records' to something more modern? Like CDs? I'm just sayin'.

Upcoming Events at Madison locations

Memorial Day Weekend 20% OFF Everything Sale
From Thursday, May 26 through Monday, May 30 everything in the store will be an additional 20% off!

Biggest Storytime of the Summer!
On Sunday, June 5 at 2:00pm head over to Half Price Books for the biggest storytime of the summer! The event kicks off their "FEED YOUR BRAIN Summer Reading Program" for
kids 14 years of age and under.

Research shows that children who do not continue reading through the summer can lose a month or more of progress made during the school year. Kids can earn Back-to-School Bucks by reading at least 600 minutes from Wednesday, June 1 through Sunday, July 31, 2011. Pick up a reading log at your local Half Price Books and grab a bite to read today! 

If you go:
Essex Square
4250 East Towne Blvd.
Madison, WI 53704
More info
Whitney Way
626 S. Whitney Way
Madison, WI 53711
More info

No comments:

Post a Comment