Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hug Your Kid Already!


Today's theme at The Little Gym was about hugging our kids. I learned

We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth." --Virginia Satir

I never thought about how many hugs we give c a day but I am betting it is more than 12. It's an interesting theory, isn't it? We all know kids need a lot of love and attention but I didn't think about the number of hugs being that important. I never really knew what it meant to love a child until my sister, Kim, had little K. I would stand back and look at my family dote on her and think how lucky this child was to have so many people love her. Sadly, some kids don't even have one person
that truly loves them. So go on, hug your kid 12 times today. It will do both of you some good.

Virginia Satir
(26 June 1916 - 10 September 1988) was an American author and psychotherapist, known especially
for her approach to family therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment