Friday, May 6, 2011

Restaurants + Toddlers = An Interesting Time

If you have/had a toddler you know how challenging it can be to take the little darling to a restaurant. c used to be great but then it started: The whining. The not wanting to sit in the high chair. The wanting to get out.  The refusing to eat. But I refuse to give up. I like to eat out too much and don't like the hassle of cooking. So I am trying to get creative.

I think the best thing to do is go to a place where "Kid's Eat Free". This way, you won't feel bad when you have to throw most of their food in the garbage. We just got back from Potbelly for lunch. They don't have a kid's menu and I usually throw away what c doesn't eat. But today I got smart. I ordered one of their "Bigs" sandwiches for c and me to share. It comes with 30% more of all the goodies. But I took it a step further. Since my child acts as if he is on Adkins when he sees a sub, I ordered extra meat and cheese. I usually cringe when I read that on a menu (I mean, really. How much does someone need?) but I decided to use it to my advantage. Another way to save money is to skip the "Kid's Meal". My child normally doesn't eat everything they give us so I just get him chicken nuggets/tenders and bring my own milk or water for him to drink.


One advantages of eating out with kids is the Kid's Menu. You can order a bunch of selections off the kids menu and eat some of them yourself. Just hope the server doesn't notice.

If you have other ideas on how to save money when taking the kiddos out to eat please post it on my Facebook page. I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment